Run a backtesting session using an existing open-source strategy and, once the session is done calculating, analyze the results over the charts.
The testing of strategies and trading ideas is at the core of successful trading, and Superalgos provides a powerful infrastructure for that matter. The instructions below will take you through the operational aspects of running a backtesting session, using an existing open-source strategy, the Weak Hands Buster as an example. The rest of this documentation provides valuable insights on the full potential behind the set of testing tools available.
Important: Before running the backtesting session, make sure all Masters indicators and Sparta’s EMA in the Binance BTC/USDT market have been calculated until the present time. To do this, refer to the tools you learnt about in previous steps. If all indicators are up to 100%, then you may completely stop the data mining operation and continue with the following instructions.
3. Find the Paper & Backtesting Sessions Binance BTC/USDT task manager.
4. Find the Backtesting WHB task and click Run on the menu.
5. Find the Backtesting WHB session and click Run on the menu.
Wait a few seconds and notice the progress indication below the backtesting session node.
Note: The session has finished processing when the progress date reaches the present time and eventually disappears. Only then does the simulation become available on the charts. Wait until that happens to follow the next set of instructions.
6. Stop the Backtesting WHB task. Make sure the session finished calculating first.
7. Open the charting space and pan the viewport to the left-hand side.
We have set up a chart for each of the trades performed by the strategy from January 2019 and on, so that you may find them quickly.
Note: If any of the charts is not showing the simulation, you may zoom in and restart the corresponding layers.
8. Take some time to explore each trade by zooming into the charts.